f

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Roasted Pumpkin Seeds


Want something to do with those pumpkin guts after carving? :) This is an awesome, "somewhat" healthy treat you can make after you're done carving your pumpkins and I'm pretty sure you'll have all the ingredients on hand.

Step 1: After you've carved your pumpkins, save the seeds and clean them well. I did this by putting them in a colander and rinsing them. After, I placed them on a pan and dried them off. Some recipes tell you to dry them overnight. I didn't want to wait so I just towel dried them. Either way will work.
Step 2: After you've decided on the seasonings you want(I split the batch and did a couple different ones) you melt some butter and then mix the seeds in. To make it healthier, you could use olive oil.
Step 3: Most recipes asked you to stir the seasoning in with the butter and pumpkin seeds. When I did this all the seasonings ended up sticking to the bowl and not the seeds. I ended up placing them on the pan then sprinkling the seasoning on top. I like them pretty powerful so I wasn't stingy with the seasonings :).
Step 4: Place them in the oven on 300 degrees and keep an eye on them. They can burn very easily so I checked them about every 5 minutes and took them out once they had reached the crunchiness I liked.

There are a million different recipes so I suggest you check out different ones and see what sounds best for you/what ingredients you have on hand. These are the ones I tried today:
Salt
Cinnamon and Brown Sugar (my favorite)
Dill and Salt (also very good)
Chili powder and Garlic Salt
I also saw one that was pizza flavored but didn't try it. I would make all of these again.
Cinnamon & Brown Sugar

Thanks for stopping by! I'm so excited to share my favorite Halloween tradition this Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment