f

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Strawberry Cheesecake

Today I am going to share my favorite dessert, Strawberry Cheesecake! This is one of those family recipes and I have been eating for as long as I can remember! My mom makes it almost every time we come home and I honestly can never get enough.


Mix together:
-1 cup flower -1/2 cup melted butter -1/2 cup chopped nuts -1/4 cup packed brown sugar
Pack into a 9X13 inch pan and back for 15 minutes until brown. Cool, then crumble in the pan.


This is basically a picture of what not to do! Normally you would chop of the nuts finer but I still need to invest in a chopper (does anyone else have a huge list of kitchen gadgets that they want?) Also bake it till it's a little browner than in this picture.

Mix together until smooth:
-2 8oz. packages cream cheese -2 cups powdered sugar -2 package prepared Dreamwhip (2 come in a box)
Spread over crumbs and then layer with 2 packs of sliced strawberries.


Make 1 package of Strawberry Danish Dessert. Use 2 cups of water and follow cooking directions on box. Pour on top of dessert and put in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.


Strawberry Cheesecake
 

Cook time
Total time
4 hours
 
Ingredients
  • 1 cup flour
  • 1/2 cup chopped nuts
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup melted butter
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
  • 1 package prepared dream whip
  • 2 packages strawberries
  • 1 package strawberry danish dessert
Instructions
  1. Mix first four ingredients, pack into bottom of 9X13 inch pan, and bake until brown.
  2. While the crust is cooling, mix the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and prepared dream whip until smooth.
  3. Once the crust is cooled, crumble it in the bottom of the pan and then spread the cream cheese mixture on top.
  4. Slice the strawberries and lay them on top.
  5. Using 2 cups of water make the the strawberry danish dessert according to the directions on the box.
  6. Pour it on top and then let it set for 3-4 in the refrigerator.

Sam thinks my family and I are crazy because we have no problem eating this for dessert! And I would be lying if I said I didn't eat this for breakfast this morning!



No comments:

Post a Comment